Brian Leiter endorses Brad DeLong's Position on Nagel

There's been a lot of scoffing at the ignorant unwashed who don't understand philosophy (most prominently by two economists!) on this blog lately. That's a little frustrating insofar as it's not really an argument to grapple with, but that's OK. I am relatively ignorant. Occasionally I'm even unwashed.

But Brian Leiter - who last I checked is a distinguished philosopher - agrees with DeLong that Nagel's book is "obviously not very good". That's an interesting way of putting it - "obviously" not very good.

I've excused myself from specific discussions of Nagel because I don't know the guy. But this seemed worth sharing with social scientists prognisticating on philosophy who thought DeLong was just a social scientist prognisticating on philosophy.