An Open Letter...


To Those Who Know Me In Real Life Who Read This Blog,

Please keep in mind that the “theme” of this blog is my real life. It’s not a fairy tale. Being real is what makes this blog entertaining to many – including you. I write openly, with my heart on my sleeve and I usually try to put an entertaining spin on things – isn’t that what makes it fun to read?

Every once in a while I get in shit for something I write. Someone doesn’t like something and the “Psst… did you see what’s on The Blog?” starts. Sometimes I get the cold shoulder from someone and I can’t figure out why. Sometimes I am out right scolded. And you know, with all that I expose of myself – it’s the shits to be kicked by my loved ones for some sentence, paragraph or post that you have taken personal offence to.

I consistently poke fun at myself and expose my personal thoughts and feelings. Don’t think for a second that that’s always easy for me. Realize that I am putting myself out there and getting nothing in return. I’m showing you first hand what is inside my head and my life. I’m not a robot. I’m not a writer for the National Enquirer. I am Tara. Your wife, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, friend. I am a real person and as cheesy as this sounds: I have feelings.

I have never, nor do I intend to start editing myself. Everything I write is true and posted with the intent of being entertaining and realistic. I don’t set out to be hurtful or scornful of anyone who may (or may not) make a cameo in any of my posts. By all means, if what I say offends you, you are free to stop reading at any time.

Perhaps it’s time to take ourselves, and this blog, a little less seriously.