Whirlwind Thanksgiving

We travelled, we visited, we ate turkey (twice), we kissed and hugged and smiled and laughed and then we came home.

It was a really fast trip and we worried that it wouldn't be long enough.  However, granted we wish could have easier and more frequent access to our family and friends in Dundas, I felt like the trip was just right.  We got to see everyone we wanted to see and spent time with my dear Grandmother. And Ruby was very well behaved right up until about 10 minutes before debarking the plane when she grew devil horns and her head started to spin.

It was enough of a change and distance and time for me to miss my home and my boys and to come home happily with a renewed appreciation for my own life and home. 

Lincoln had just started walking before we left.  When we arrived back in the Vancouver airport I spotted Steve holding Lincoln near the baggage carousel.  When I got closer and they saw me, Steve set Linc on the ground and he walked to me, giggling, with his arms outstretched and reaching for me.  It was the best welcome home ever. Blame it on the lack of sleep or long travel time but I burst into tears. 

The one thing I do regret about our trip is that I didn't take more pictures.  Dundas is a really neat little town with some neat stores and gorgeous brick buildings.  My grandma's house is over 100 years old and I had full intentions of photographing some of it's neat old features.  I wanted to visit and photograph my grandfather's grave.  I wanted to take a picture of his work bench in the basement which has generally been left untouched since he died over 20 years ago. It just didn't happen.

I did get a few good pictures though.  Here are a few of the ones I liked the best...

"Ummm... excuse me, stuartist? There must be some mistake.  This is not first class!"

Seriousness...

Grandma in her favorite chair...

Grandma's front stoop...

Waiting for a special visitor...

Beloved Auntie Corney...


Grandma doesn't get out of her house very much these days so we were all pleased that she was able to come to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when she did a Sambuca shooter before dinner. Grandma's still got some spunk...