Classy Shrimp Cocktail

I love serving food in an appealing manner.  In the "good old days" I was known to throw parties and serve all kinds of food and I'd use the neatest of my serving dishes.  I've picked up some really cool serving pieces over the years - they are proudly displayed in a glass cabinet in our dining room. 

Times have changed and my coveted serving dishes rarely make it on the dinner scene anymore.  It's usually just Steve and I and the kids munching on whatever I serve - which more often than not requires sturdy, non-breakable, serving dishes. 

Ok, in truth, most of the time its the multi colored kids plates that cost $2 for a pack of 6 at Ikea. 

Tonight though...

Tonight I realized how far I have truly fallen, when I put together this lovely and appealing "platter" of shrimp cocktail...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

What have I become???