Rebel

I've long been in love with taking pictures. I've never had a fancy camera though. For the longest time I've been using a Canon Elph - which I love.  But I've been interested in something bigger and better for a while. 

And then out of the blue my good friend Robyn - who is a very talented photographer, decided to sell her Canon Rebel EOS xTi.  And even though times are tight and wallets are squeaky, I scrounged up the money to buy her first professional camera and she was kind enough to throw in some great lenses and a few other goodies. 

This camera is my gift to myself.  For having two babies so close together and still being alive.  For being a great mom. For being a great wife. For losing 30lbs (more on this in an upcoming post). For doing the Grouse Grind.  It's my birthday present. My mothers day present. My Christmas present. It's everything that I deserve.

To me, from me. 

I got the camera late this past week and I am totally intimidated by it and it's many functions and abilities. I realize that I am a complete rookie when it comes to cameras bigger than my Elph. 

Still, I've been playing with it a little bit each day. Slowly learning what it can do and what I can do with it.

I've taken over a hundred pictures already. Here are a few that turned out kinda cool...















I am totally addicted to this now. I can't wait to see what else I can do...