Is it me?

It's Father's Day and Steve is a little bit quiet.  I know he doesn't realize he's doing it but it makes me self conscious. I know not everything is about me yet I feel like it's my responsibility to give him a good Father's Day and his distance makes me feel guilty for some reason, like I'm not doing something right.  I'm working hard at it though - the kids made him cards and I got him a neat gift  (perfect for the BBQ guy!). We got Starbucks and went for a fun family walk at a nearby park and it was really nice.  Still, I can't help but notice he's not fully present.  It's his first Father's Day without his dad and even though he says. "No, I'm fine, I'm doing good!" I feel like maybe he's not really. 


Either that or it's because I'm tired and bitchy and oversensitive and reading far too much into things and he'd really just rather I leave him the hell alone so he can watch the US Open in peace without me bugging him to talk about what's "bothering" him. 

Maybe I'm bothering him.

Nah....