It's DJ VFA here, and we've got some beautiful tunes to be played out there in the summer sun for y'all.
This week, we're talking about money, agents, boozing and we want YOUR tune suggestions. Greatest suggestions get, well, nothing but two thumbs up for yours truly.
Here are our suggestions:
1) Steve Miller Band - Take The Money And Run (Especially for Reggie Bush)
2) Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen ('Cos everybody knows the good guys lost)
3) New York, New York - Frank Sinatra (Where Reggie last picked up a Heisman trophy, and where he won't be coming back to in December)
4) Paper Planes - M.I.A. (Because all agents want to do is take your money, son. That's why you shouldn't go down to parties)
5) Fat Bottomed Girls- Queen (Because ex-Georgia back-up QB Zach Mettenberger is pinching them)
6) Merry Mac - Great Big Sea (Best Irish drinking song ever, and probably played during the party that saw 11 of the guys arrested last week)
7) Fight music - Eminem (For the University of Tennessee, who ALWAYS seem to make the football season that little bit more interesting)
8)Murder Of One - Counting Crows (How taking money from an agent or a booster can ruin a program and a career. Ask Alabama or lately, USC, peeps)
9) Sweet Home Alabama - Lynrd Skynrd (Quite the opposite of how Mr Dareus is going to find Tuscaloosa this year - especially if he's been found to violate the rules)
10) Patience - Take That (Because these damned college football players need some. You're going to get your money, for crying out loud!)
And finally: "Habitual offenders scumbag lawyers with agenda I tell you sometimes people I don't know what's worse" ("Amen", Kid Rock). It says it all.