Sooth me, Michael

Feeling a bit tired, frazzled and perhaps even a little blue this morning, I got Ruby strapped into her car seat and then rifled through the car looking for my White Stripes CD. Felt I needed a raucous thrashing on my ears to kick my ass into a better mood. Except I couldn’t find the damn CD which served to further agitate and frustrate me. I grabbed for the next reasonable substitute, my “Dead Weather” CD but holding it in my hand I realized I just couldn’t pull it off this morning. I then contemplated “The Kills”, but again wasn’t feeling it.

It was then that I came across a “Michael Buble” CD that I had bought some months ago after seeing him on some talk show and he charmed the crap out of me. The CD is barely used because even though he is quite charming, the music is just not my style.

But something possessed me to slide that disc into the player in my car.

And wouldn’t you know it. It was just what I needed. I started to feel my bad nerves ease up. My mood softened and I relaxed a bit. I played the CD all the way to work and by the time I got there, I was indeed feeling a lot more chill than when I woke up this morning.

Michael Buble would be the very last person I would enlist to sooth my soul, but for some reason he was exactly what I needed this morning.

Here’s to an open mind.