That Season

I have a secret.

Well... I have a few secrets, but there's one I'm gonna let you all in on right now.

Ready?

I'm kind of excited about Christmas this year.

I know. I'll wait for you to pick your jaw up off your lap.
.
.
.
If you know me at all, you're probably a little shocked. But really you shouldn't be. So much has changed for me over the past year or two. Not only do I have the coolest little girl in the whole world, but I am more at peace with myself and my life. Maybe the two are related. Probably.

The stores nearby put up Christmas lights recently. And when I saw them I got strange happy and excited feeling inside - instead of the usual burning urge to go all Grinch and rip them down in the middle of the night.

I bought some new pyjamas for myself the other day. They are flannel and they have reindeer on them. Shocking because I would NEVER wear seasonally inspired anything before, and also because it's still NOVEMBER!!!

I've got some of my Christmas shopping done already - and this year it's not because I'm pressured into doing it early for fear that I will go into labour before my shopping is done and everyone on my list would have to get scratch tickets from 7-11. This year I willingly started shopping early because I was excited about it.

I have been itching to go out and get some new decorations. Last year I decorated my tree in all black decor (hey, we should all just be happy that I actually had a tree in my house). This year I'm looking for some serious red, sparkly shit.

I don't have much money this year - but I don't really care. I don't feel like I need to spend a lot to make it good.

And yes, a big reason for all of this is my baby girl. Having her puts everything into a new light and a new perspective - one that I never thought I would ever get to see. So I'm pretty excited and happy and looking forward to all of it this year. I think we're going to have fun.