Good Day

I woke up and the sun was shining.

After Ruby ate, she fell back asleep and I was able to sweep, vacuum and mop the floors.

When Ruby woke from her nap she was in a good mood and I was able to clean the bathroom.

Then my parents arrived at my house and took over the care of Ruby.

I was able to make and eat a healthy lunch.

I then left Ruby in the care of her Grandma and I went out, not toting a baby or a diaper bag.

I got to browse around Chapters for as long as I wanted.

I bought 3 new books.

Then I went to the grocery store and took my sweet ass time picking up some groceries.

On my way home I swung by the coffee shop and got a chai tea latte.

When I got home Ruby was happy as a lark.

My mom had scrubbed my stove, sink, cupboards and counters to a spotless clean.

My dad had mowed the lawn.

Tonight when I crawl into bed it will be with a new book.

I need more days like this.