Food

It's been over a week now since I last posted. So you might think that in a week there must be something witty or funny or even interesting that has happened that I could write about. Sadly, unless you want to hear about the awesome baby cream that I discovered this past week or my run-in with a nurse on the BC Nurse hot line (which I will never phone again) over giving my baby gripe water (or crack as the nurse made it out to be), I really have nothing much of interest to write about.

Or maybe it's because I spent last week setting up a blog for Ruby and it sucked the ever loving creativity right out of me.

But now in an effort to write something (and maybe start the creative juices flowing again), I'm going to tell you about two new food items that I found at Costco that I'm really impressed with.

*yawn* I know, I know. Dullsville. Click away now if you wish. My feelings won't be hurt.


First off - wraps.

One might think that because wraps aren't as thick as bread that they should be lower in calories, right? Not so. Most wraps are way higher in calories than I personally feel that they should be. Sometimes you don't want all the bread and you'd rather have the wrap but is it worth it for the extra calories? Do you even care about the calories? If you do - then these are for you:

Mountain Bread - Light wraps.

And when they say "light", they mean business. They are super duper thin - like paper thin, literally. But I don't mind that. It's kind of nice actually. They are still a decent size and they roll up quite nice.

For anyone who is on a "special diet" they have no fat added, no oil added, no sugar added, no milk products, no eggs and no sour dough (although admittedly, I don't know what is bad about sour dough). And if you're doing the Weight Watchers thing (I am not but I am watching the calorie intake) they are only 1 point each. YES, only 1 point. (79 calories, 0.3g fat, 1g fibre).

Oh and even though they are paper thin, they don't taste like paper. They taste quite nice actually.

The only shitty thing is that they are quite expensive - $ 6.49 for 8 wraps.

They're in the bread section at Costco.

Second - Shrimp Wonton Soup

I know I've talked about soup before and how hard it is to find a good soup unless you make it yourself. Well I've found a yummy little wonton soup that you just add water and microwave and it is actually quite delicious:


So um, yeah. They are in a box the freezer in separate little bowls and you just add some water and microwave them. They're quite nice.

Again, for the diet conscious - they are only 2 Weight Watchers points per bowl (120cal, 2g fat, 1g fibre). But maybe don't have them the day before a weigh-in, or if you have a bad heart as they are loaded with sodium (1430mg).

Again though - quite expensive. I think they were around $14 for a box of 6. Still. Yummy.

They're in the freezer section at Costco.

Ok, that's all. Now go find something more worthwhile to read.