Happy New Year

For the first time since I can remember, I am sad to see the year end. 2008 was the most fabulous year and I cannot imagine ever topping it.

My baby Ruby was conceived in the first part of 2008 - after years of trying. It wasn't without heartache, heartbreak, a huge financial debt and a lot of blood, sweat, tears - literally. She grew in my tummy entirely during the year of 2008 and was born just before the year was out, in time to give me the best Christmas gift I'll ever receive.

2009 would have to be pretty spectacular to top that.

Last night Steve, Ruby and myself stepped out on the town... (sorta). Some friends had a little New Years Eve gathering at their house and the 3 of us were invited. I was a little nervous about the whole idea but wanted to give it a shot, and I am glad I did. Ruby acted like the perfect baby. She made me look like she was my 10th baby and not my first. I looked like a total pro. We only stayed for a couple of hours but it was great to get out and have a little visit and see some of the outside world - which I haven't done since she was born.

Here's Ruby dressed up for her first New Year's Eve:




I can only hope that 2009 is as fantastic as 2008 was.