Out of character

I recently did two things that were really out of character for me:

# 1. I went *out* to a movie, WITH Steve (ok, I could stop right here and this would be out of character enough), and watched a movie that had just recently been made into a motion picture from a very popular book that everyone is raging about and that also happened to be a genre that I would normally snub. The genre being "vampire movie".

And by now you could guess that we went to see "Twilight".

And I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy hormones here, but I actually enjoyed it. And I might even have a crush on the hottie young vampire - Edward. When I first saw him in the movie I thought, "Pfft! Young girls these days don't have a clue what a real hottie looks like.", but within about 5 minutes I was madly in love with him and started contemplating how I, myself could go about becoming a vampire so I could spend the rest of my life with him and his big kissy lips and his sexy eyes and his sparkly skin.



# 2. I bought a CHRISTMAS CD. Yes, a Christmas CD. The other day there was an ad on TV for an Elvis Duets Christmas CD and I suddenly felt compelled to own it. I felt that I just had to have it. I love it when Elvis sings Christmas songs.
(What!??! I love it when Elvis sings what??)
And the CD stuck in my head for a few days before I purposefully went into a music store and proceeded to seek out said Elvis Christmas CD. I went looking for it people! What is going on with me??? And then! And then? No sooner had I paid for it did I rip open the plastic and put it in the CD player in my car! I turned it up and sang along to most of the songs (yes, I knew the words to Christmas songs!) and I let it play over again almost 3 full times. Guess what else - it was only November 30th. Not even December yet. That's a big no-no in Bah-Humbug Land.

And do you know when the last time I bought a Christmas CD was? It was 1998 and I bought the soundtrack to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". (And this was long before all that Jim Carey Grinch imposter crap.)

~

Pregnancy is scaring me. It is turning me into a completely different person. What's next? Will I go trade in my Jeep for a station wagon? Haha ha! Oh.... wait a minute....