Road Warrior No More

It was with a heavy heart that I said good-bye to my jeep today... and to what was left of my youth and my former days of being wild and carefree.

The jeep was not overly safe in the best of times and it would have been very irresponsible to drive it with a baby in the back. Not to mention the difficulties of getting a carseat in and out of the two-door jeep - especially when the seats don't go forward like they once did.

And what did I get in return, you ask? A four door, Ford Focus... wagon.

Yes, a station wagon. A mom-mobile.


The first person to make fun of me gets a punch in the nose. I may not be driving the gritty, tough vehicle on the road anymore but I am still gritty and tough on the inside.


And so in the future days I will be working on keeping my middle finger below the dash, and trying to keep my fist from hitting the horn as often. Because I just don't think the Ford Focus could withstand the gutsy confrontations that the jeep was known for. And so for now, my Road Warrior days have come to an end...








And the days of me being a responsible, mom-mobile driving, less road raging member of society are now upon us...

Hey, at least I didn't go for the mini-van...