It's raining, it's pouring...

...the old man is snoring,


bumped his head


on the side of the bed


and didn't get up in the morning.




Steve bumps his head on the side of the bed all the time but he still gets up in the morning. He blames bumping his head on me. Says I force him off to the side of the bed in the middle of the night.


Anyways - I'm off track. I wanted to talk about the rain.


IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE!




And I'm a little bit happy about that.
It's been sunny and/or hot here for over a month. Not a drop of rain for quite some time. If I had easy access to a pool, or large body of water I may enjoy the hot weather more. But I don't have a pool anymore (grew up with a pool in our back yard) and the ocean is not a great option for me since I'm not big on crowds - much less skinny, young, bikini wearing crowds which would make me feel like a whale in my bathing suit.




I may also enjoy the heat more if I were able to partake in one of my favorite pass times - sipping frosty beer on pub patios. I can still sit on pub patios but the sipping of frosty beer is currently looked down upon for someone in my "condition". Sipping "cran' and soda" on a sunny pub patio just isn't the same - even if it is garnished with a lime wedge to make it look more appealing.




My townhouse is an oven when it's hot outside. It's stuffy and stinky and really not comfortable to be in. And there is only so much time that one can spend in her air conditioned 175 square foot bedroom before she starts to feel a little stir crazy.




So today, when I woke up and saw the pouring rain outside, it made me happy. The rain will cool things off and freshen the air. It will recharge my mood. I need the recharge. I hear it might even rain all weekend... I wouldn't cry if it did.


I'm very excited to go for a walk in the rain today when I get home from work. And get all wet from fresh rain water instead of just gross, hot, sticky sweat.