It's all fun and games until somebody loses their mind

The real estate game is not all the fun and games that it masqueraded itself to be a few weeks ago when we first put our house up for sale and started looking for a new home.

Sure, we have a fantastic couple of real estate agents working for us. They are smart and fair and reassuring and they even have a good sense of humor. However, it seems the rest of the world isn't playing along.

I have changed my mind about a million times on location, maximum price, and requirements of my next home. Probably an agents worst nightmare, really. I just can't seem to get things my way - and I hate that.

I thought it would be totally fun to go house hunting and poke around in search of the "perfect" house. Looking at all the lovely homes with the fantastic extras... Well there's very few fantastic homes and even fewer extras.

And I thought it would be fun and exciting to have people come look at my townhouse with thoughts of buying it. But that's all worn off. I hate having to make sure my underwear are shoved far enough under my bed so that the looky-loo's don't see them.

Oh we did find the almost "perfect" house. Mansion, might be a better word to describe it. And it was in a good location. And it had a KILLER kitchen. And it was just a tiny little bit too expensive. So we put in an offer. The house had been sitting empty for months and had been on the market without selling for more months. But then the very same day that we take that huge step to try to buy it... somebody else comes along puts in a more appealing offer and the mansion is scooped right out from under us!

And we are back to square one.

Not that our place has sold yet. We have had an offer - a completely unacceptable offer that we could never accept. And so now, I'm now finding it frustrating to even look at potential new homes for us when our house hasn't sold yet. But then what if it sells and I haven't found anywhere to live yet? I would be rushed into finding something.

And the option of staying where we are? Not really an option. There is simply not enough room there. It's getting tight in there with just Steve and I, never mind adding a munchkin.

And so, I am getting frustrated with the whole thing. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

The only thing that's cracked up is me.