Chocolate mystery

Steve has a friend that he visits occasionally whom always sends Steve home with a "gift for his wife". And it's always a delicious box of Purdy's chocolates... yum. Particular yum right now as my chocolate needs are at an all time high.

Now, I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but I'm finding it odd that the boxes of chocolates that this friend always sends home with Steve to give to me are always half eaten. How strange is that?! I don't understand why someone would give a gift of a half eaten box of chocolates! If the friend didn't want to eat the rest of his chocolates maybe he should just throw them out because it's kind of rude to give a box of half eaten chocolates as a gift. Don't you think?

Even more mysterious, is the fact that the chocolates that are missing from the box are the chocolates that were nutty, or contained caramel, or coconut which are the EXACT same flavours of chocolate that are Steve's favorite....

What a mystery....