T.I.L.T. : Things I love Thursday

* Getting a greeting card in the mail from a good friend whom I now live far away from - but with whom I spent much of my life with from the time I was about 5 up until about the time I moved away and got married. And the card was just so sweet and said some incredibly meaningful and thoughtful things which made me cry my eyes out. And then she wrote on the inside that she wishes she could go for a coffee with me but since she can't she wants me to have a coffee on her and included a $25 Starbucks gift card inside. I think that rocks. I guess when you've spent that time time with someone - maybe they sense when you need them, and I really love that.
Thanks Country Mouse.

* Dried Cranberry and Feta Salad. Coincidentally, I also love Papaya and Avocado Salad which comes from the same source which is Best of Bridge which I ALSO love. The Best of Bridge website is filled with lots of delicious (although NOT diet-friendly) recipes. I have made quite a few recipes from this website and am rarely, if ever, disappointed. I would love to own the Best of Bridge cookbooks but I do not have any at this time.


* "Slocks" - these are the fluffy, comfy items that you wear on your feet - they are a cross breed between slippers and socks. Thanks to my friend M for that one.

Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release Gelcaps. These little gems are my miracle workers. I have never had great success with any sort of pain reliever. But if anything is going to work for me - it will be these. Having been through a couple different medical situations where the only thing that was "safe" for me to take was Tylenol - these have brought me back from the abyss so many times. I'm not sure what exactly it is that makes them different from regular extra-strength Tylenol - besides the gelcap obviously disolving faster than regular Tylenol (which don't work worth a shit for me). I have a jumbo sized bottle of these at home which I picked up at Costco.

And yes, if you're wondering - they do start to work fairly rapidly.


Sushi. Oh how I LOVE sushi. It is my favorite food. But only sushi of good quality. You would never, ever catch me picking up a container of pre-made, pre-packaged sushi from the grocery store or a mall kiosk. I also would be very hesitant to eat sushi anywhere but in a coastal city. As the old saying goes, "If you can't see the ocean, don't eat the sushi." I particularly love sushi from my favorite sushi restaurant (which doesn't have a website so I can't link it here but I wouldn't want to anyways because I like to keep it my little secret).