Sampler

Since I can't seem to settle on a topic to write about, I'm going to go with some small samples of the things that are going on in The Land of Tarable:

~
As I was shutting off lights last night and getting ready to go to bed, I looked around and realized that I had completely re-arranged the furniture in the downstairs area, overhauled the look of my blog, and the bathroom is currently in the midst of fairly major renovations. I also spent the day batting around the idea of coloring my hair back to dark brown/black.

Without even realizing it until bedtime, apparently I was/am in need of some change!

~
I recently watched the movie "The Brave One". Had I not spent $4.99 on pay per view to watch it, I would have shut it off after about 20 minutes. This movie was as cheesy as it gets. And while I'm all about women kicking ass and taking names, I just wasn't buying into this movie. The transition of Jodie Foster's character from an annoying, love-sick fluff to a gun shooting, crow-bar wielding vigilante was hardly believable. And that voice of hers... enough to make me want to claw my ears off.

~
As mentioned above, my en suite is in the throws of a major face lift. I've got my handy-man, *Dick on the job. He always surprises me with his abilities for these sorts of things. I have to admit though, I was more than a little concerned when I walked in the bedroom yesterday and found the toilet sitting at the end of my bed. He got annoyed with me when I expressed my concern. I guess this is the same as when he questions whether I should maybe turn down the stove when I'm cooking because it looks like the food is going to burn - don't question me, this is my terrain and I know what I'm doing. So I won't question him anymore, I'll just wait patiently for the toilet to return to it's original home.

And yes, before and after photos will be available once the project is complete.

~
I'm still reading Duma Key, by Stephen King. It's a HUGE book but still, I seem to be getting through it at a pretty good clip. It's very easy reading and I'm actually quite enjoying it. More than once the hair has stood up on my arms and the back of my neck - I expect nothing less of Stephen King. This book is exactly what I needed right now. When I'm finished reading, I will be ready again for something a little more challenging. I'm thinking maybe, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini.

~
That's all I have for now.

I must go now and put some finishing touches on my newly rearranged room, check in on my "contractor", and maybe settle in to read a few more pages from my book.



* "Dick" is Steve's alter-ego.