Marathon read

I've finally finished reading Duma Key by Stephen King. *phew* This one was a marathon read.






I feel accomplished that I was able to finish it. I haven't read a book this long in a long time. Good thing it was fairly easy reading or I'm not sure I would have made it to the finish line. If you like Stephen King - as in Carrie, Rose Madder, Thinner.... then this is probably something you would enjoy.

And now I'm on to "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini, who is also the author of "The Kite Runner" which I loved. Immediately after reading the last page of The Kite Runner, I went online to research the author in hopes of finding other books that he had written. What I learned was that The Kite Runner was his first and only novel. So I've waited a while for A Thousand Splendid Suns - and so far, after reading about 20 pages or so, I am not dissapointed. It's going to be one of those books that I burn through because I can't put it down. I'm already finding excuses/opportunities to read - as opposed to reading when I've got spare time or just before I go to bed to make my eyes/mind tired.

So kudos to Stephen King who provided me some good, easy reading, spooky entertainment. I was pleased to find that he has gotten back to what he is good at, which is making the hair stand up on the back of my neck. It was also a refreshing change in genre that I need every once in a while.

More on A Thousand Splendid Suns at a later date.