Alright, I give

Ok, so I'm almost at the halfway mark of "A New Earth" and I'm going to thow in the towel. Although I like the philosophy and the idea behind this book, and I think that it COULD have had potential and maybe even some serious impact on the world had it NOT BEEN WRITTEN IN TONGUES! For Pete sake, man! This book is a total workout to read, which sometimes I like - but right now I'm at a place where I just want to pick up a book and fall easily into it.

I don't want to have to read the same paragraph over and over 10 times just to make sure I understood it. I don't want to have to have the house in complete silence and get frustrated with Steve for "breathing too loud" just so that I can concentrate on absorbing the information that I am reading.

This is why I'm putting down "A New Earth" and picking up "Duma Key" by Stephen King. It has been a long time - years, in fact - since I've read anything by Stephen King. This was my favorite author when I was in my 20's. However, I stopped reading when I felt that he had maybe run out of good spooky stories and therefore copped out by filling the pages with gore. But it seems that this, his latest book, goes back to the good old days that are reminiscent of Thinner and Rose Madder.

Reading this book is not going to make me any smarter, and I certainly won't have all the answers to the the world's problems upon finishing it. But I think that for the time being, it will serve it's purpose which is to fill my spare time let my mind take a break from real life.