I can be domestic sometimes

Today I made soup. From scratch. Truth be known, I actually made two different kinds (before noon I might add). It's days like this that I thank my mother for her domestic genes. Sometimes I wish I picked up more of them. Sometimes. I also did laundry today, however I did not sweep, dust or vaccuum - and I didn't clean the kitchen after I made soup - Steve did that. He get's to eat what I cook, it's the least he can do.

I know that posting a recipe is considered a "cheater post", and I realize that chances are pretty slim that anyone besides myself ever makes the recipes that I post. Ask me if I care.

I'm posting a soup recipe today.

I made "Fresh Garden Chowder" and "Two Potato Chowder". I'm sure it will come as no surprise that my favorite of the two was the "Fresh Garden Chowder" (made with green vegetables) and Steve's favorite was the "Two Potato Chowder" which incidentally has bacon in it. (Yes, I had to bring bacon into my home again - but don't worry the unused bacon is sealed in a bag and hidden deep in my freezer.)

I probably wouldn't make the Potato soup again, simply because I am a selfish bitch and it didn't do as much for me as the Garden soup did. The Garden soup was awesome - and so I'm only posting the recipe for that.




FRESH GARDEN CHOWDER

1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil (WHAT???? I don't "do" that much cooking oil - instead I used a couple of sprays of Pam)
1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini (with peel)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery

2 tbsp All-purpose flour

3 cups chicken stock (low sodium chicken broth)
2 cups chopped, peeled potato

2 cups fresh spinach leaves, lightly packed, chopped
1 cup milk (skim of course!)
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 3/4 tsp dill weed)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Heat cooking oil (Pam) l in large saucepan on medium. Add next 3 ingredients. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is softened.

Sprinkle with flour. Heat and stir for 1 minute.

Slowly add 1 cup stock. heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Add potato and remaining stock. Stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potato is tender.

Add next 5 incredients. Stir. Cook for about 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Carefully transfer 3 cups of soup to blender. Process until smooth. Return to saucepan. H eat and stir until heated through.

Sprinkle feta cheese on individual servings. (Sooooo gooooood)

Makes about 6 1/2 cups.

WW Points per ONE CUP serving: 3