A sampling of my thoughts

What is harder than trying to lose weight, eating healthy, cooking healthy meals, keeping healthy food in the house, exercising daily, keeping a house, working 8 hours a day all the while attempting to be a pleasant and functioning human being??

Well that would be trying to lose weight, eating healthy, cooking healthy meals, keeping healthy food in the house, exercising daily, keeping a house, working 8 hours a day all while attempting to be a pleasant and functioning human being DURING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON.

It just adds another layer of difficulty to the whole thing - which is NOT easy in the first place.

---

I had hoped to make it to 25 lbs lost tonight at my weigh in meeting, but I could only squeeze out a 24.6 lbs lost. Yes, it's pretty much there, still it's not quite there.



(not actual photo of me on scales - I have brown hair, not red)





---

Today while meeting the production manager of Western Canada for my company - he shook my hand and smiled with really squinty eyes and before I could stop myself I was mimicking his squinty smile by squinting my own eyes. I'm a dork.




Then he looked at my tattooed arm and said, "Oh I've heard about you."

---

Tomorrow is my last day at work and then I'm of for a week. I need the break. I'm looking forward to the break. I won't be at work when the employees get their pay on Thursday. Who's life will they make hell if I'm not there?? Ahhhh... not to worry, I'm sure all the nasty phone messages and nasty letters will be all piled up for me when I return on the 27th.

---
We said goodbye to our little silver Aveo yesterday. The lease is up next month and to prevent us from going over our allotted kilometers, Steve turned the car in now. For the most part we enjoyed that little car and we're sad to see it go (not sad to see the lease payments stop) and I think I may have even seen Steve wipe a tear from his eye when we drove away from the lot, leaving it behind. I feel somewhat guilty that I didn't get to say goodbye to it. Is it stupid or weird to be attached to an inanimate object?

---

It seems we'll have an extra guest joining us at Christmas dinner this year. (That brings the total to 6). My brother has been seeing a very sweet girl and she's just made a world of difference in his life. Never have I seen him so happy - and so well behaved. In turn, this makes the rest of us very much at ease. Fingers crossed that she sticks it out. Looking forward to having her at Christmas dinner and having some FUN!! How rare is it that I would approve of anyone that my brother spends time with? Specifically females? This is certainly an exception.
(actual photo of brother and girlfriend)

---
This post is a sample of what goes on in my head lately. I can't quite keep it on one track for very long.