Boring weekend = Recipe: Chicken Manicotti

Since it's been a quiet weekend and I didn't encounter any crazy people, other than my husband after too many beers on Saturday night - and I am not supposed to air my dirty laundry here - I have nothing exciting to post. Instead, I will air my dirty dishes and share a recipe that I tried tonight which was absolutely delicious. And, for those of use following THAT plan, I've included the points value.


CHICKEN MANICOTTI

12 uncooked manicotti shells
1 can condensed reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 can condensed reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
1/2 cup low fat sour cream*
3 cups cooked diced chicken**
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese

~ Cook manicotti according to package direction, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
~ Preheat oven to 350.
~ Combine soups and sour cream in a bowl; stir well.
~ Combine half of soup mixture and chicken; stir well.
~ Stuff manicotti chells with chicken mixture; place shells in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
~ Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 2 minutes or until tender.
~ Remove from heat; stir in remaining half of soup mixture and mushrooms. Spoon over manicotti.
~ Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
~ Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yeild: 6 servings (serving size: 2 shells).
WW points per serving: 8


* I used fat free sour cream
** I bought an already cooked, roasted chicken from the grocery store and picked and diced the meat from it.



Bon Appetit!