Recipe: Whole Wheat Chili-Mac

This recipe was on the WW website this week - and since I've got the today off work to do whatever I please, I decided to try it out. Turns out it's quite good.

Note: the orignal recipe called for some soy parmesan cheese product to top it off but since I omitted that - I deducted one point.


WHOLE WHEAT CHILI-MAC

Makes 6 servings (about 1 1/4 cup each)
Points per serving: 5

12 oz uncooked lean ground beef (I used extra lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
14 1/2oz stewed tomatoes, mexican style (I only found Chili Style - same thing)
1 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
2 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 cup dry, whole wheat macaroni
15oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned. Drain. Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, chili powder, cumin. Bring to a boil.

Stir in macaroni and kidney beans. Return to a boil, reduce heat, simmer until macaroni is tender - about 15 minutes.